All my bags are packed and waiting by the door. We are leaving in about 45 minutes. Hopefully our taxi comes on time. However, this is the Congo... so...
I don’t know what else to say. I thought I’d have this nice and insightful last blog in Africa. But as I sit here, I don’t know where to begin. I’m a little speechless. (Ya, I know Dad, shock... laugh it up old man. I’ll be seeing you in a few days and continue to bless your life with my presence. Haha ) These last six weeks have been some of the most impactful I’ve ever experienced. I’m still processing things from the first week of being here, and now we’re leaving? Last night was incredible. All our friends came for dinner and shared with us how blessed they were to have us here. We shared mutual feelings of being blessed by having met them. It was a bit of an emotional evening. We stayed up late and cleaned our house, packed, and shared some fanta and split our last granola bars on our last evening together. Jared asked us to share what it is that impacted us the most in our time here. What a question! I need to take some time on our flights home to just think about it all. This is all very surreal...
From all of us here on team Congo, thank you for praying for us these past weeks. We have stayed healthy, strong and focused. We have felt your support. I will continue to update the blog when I return to Gretna for a few days. I’ll post pictures and perhaps another blog or two.
See you all soon!
Team Congo
ok, so now that everyone is safely home where are these photo you've spoken of?
ReplyDeletethanks!